Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Summer Containing the Best and Not-So-Best Parts of My Life✯

best | best | superlative of Good
adjective
of the most excellent, efficient, or desirable type or quality.

antonym: worst
~

This has certainly been an exciting summer! For me. I mean, I didn't really see my friends that much or anything which some people would consider a complete fail but I did do/accomplish some other things which made it great. However, it has also been on of the most emotionally challenging summers with a few minor (a.k.a. major) bumps in the road.

Pros:

1. Recovering from my injury was a huge plus, so I was able to get back in the gym and flip again. That happened earlier on in the summer and my knee hasn't bugged since.

2. NSLC. Duh! I'm pretty sure I've mentioned how life-changing this was about 96,000 times. That's just on this blog. In the regular world? 120 million.


3. Getting to volunteer at the hospital. I am really glad I decided to commit to volunteering at the hospital. Getting to know staff, patients, and other volunteers great and it's like being part of whole other community.

4. I have definitely gotten closer to most of my teammates. Going through what we had to go through at the beginning of summer was shocking and unfortunate, but it made us trust and rely on each other more.



At the beginning of this summer, we lost two very special coaches, and for that matter, our only coaches. (Okay, that sounds like they died. They didn't die. :) Charity still lives in the area and Mandy is in New Zealand.) This has been an on going struggle for me emotionally and has affected me in ways I didn't think possible. Both Charity and Amanda influenced my life tremendously and I will never forget that. Fortunately I had my team to lean on, as we were all going through the same thing.




~Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment