Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Review of My NSLC Experience

*Sighhhhhh.....

It definitely doesn't feel like I spent 10 days in California. More like four or maybe five. Now that I'm back home, I really wish I had taken more pictures and videos. In fact, I wish I had just video-taped the entire thing. Like ALL of it! Thankfully, I went in half thinking I was going to die, but the other half of me knowing this was going to be one of the best experiences of my life and that I should savor every moment. (Talk about cliche...)


So the only event for the actual last day was a little "ceremony." Each student got a little certificate and recommendation, then the TAs revealed what their ages were. They were a lot younger than I expected.! The youngest was 19 years old and the oldest was only about 24. Because my flight was in the afternoon, I was on one of the last shuttles, which meant I got to/had to see everybody leave. :(

Anyway, NSLC has been an awesome experience and I am so glad I went! It has opened my mind up to all of the different fields of medicine and spiked my interests for a few specific fields. I've already mentioned that the people I met, both students and TAs, were great and hope to keep in touch with all of them. I haven't exactly introduced them, but everybody in my group had such strong personalities and a sense of vitality.

My Roommate, Sabrina. She's a senior and I love her!
Lana, Isabella, and then me. Lana wasn't in my group but we still hung out.
My group at the ropes course.
Chamberlain, Mel, then me at Fisherman's Wharf.
Love these people to death!

~Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment